1. Alison Keene said:

Steve,
    Thanks for this, it was very eye opening, at least the statistics. Great ideas to look into to make a bigger impact on my middle school students. Thanks for Sharing.
    Alison Oswald-Keene- AZ LC Chair

2. Cherilyn Ziemer said:

Use podomatic to create podcast, post on your webpage and use with United Streaming video

3. Kimberly Mattingly said:

WOW! Interesting and gave a tremendous important facts. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

4. Marie Coleman said:

When, indeed, will our learning environments reflect the needs of our students and the current (even future?) technological tools? Step-by-step, I hope!

5. Jannita Demian said:

I am left speechless!!! Every teacher, admin, assistant, parent, PERSON should watch this one!

6. Sandy Prigger said:

Great Ideas- It really made me think–I can explore different forms of technology for my SDC students. I’ve got an iPod –Need to use it. I’m going to share this with my staff. Sandy Prigger

7. Katie Warren said:

This is great. I watched it multiple times and even passed the web site via iChat to a teacher and a college student.

8. Birdy Hartman said:

Inspiring! This is a great video for our school to begin thinking about how to frame up curriculum and technology for next year. Thank you for sharing it!

9. Sue Baker said:

Very powerful. Exactly my thoughts, “if you can’t beat them, join them.” Great ideas, especially the use of cell phones. “Who’da thunk?” Can’t wait to share this with my team.

10. Susan Plack said:

Thanks Steve,
    As always a great resource to get me thinking…

11. Nancy Mangum said:

Thanks for sharing this. It is very powerful!
    If you haven’t checked out teacher tube yet you must today! It is a wonderful resource and alternative to utube!

12. Darren Draper said:

Thank you for all of your kind comments! It’s exciting to see that there are so many educators out there that actually “get it”.

At times it feels like an up-hill battle to convince some teachers that they would actually teach better by simply using the technology that their students already know how to use.

For your information, there is a “full quality” version of the presentation available on our site:

Onward and upward,

Darren Draper

13. Heather Sullivan- NJ DEN LC said:

Just the VOLUME of comments so soon on this post should tell us all point blank how effective MEDIA RICH learning really is!!! No offense Steve, because your text-based posts are always awesome:), but how many of us felt COMPELLED to respond to this post much quicker than usual? Asks yourselves- Why? Because of the Mode of Transmission of the Content! With great deference to Hall’s blog… MEDIA MATTERS!! As teachers, we all need to get out of Our comfort zone & try our Student’s world on for size:)- We might actually find out that we like it (AND we might actually engage more of our students-WOW)!

14. Jane Swan said:

Wow! I will share this at my next English Department Meeting and ask the Principal to share it with the High School. It provides excellent data for educators !

15. Ann Meyer said:

I definitely plan to share this with our administration who in turn will hopefully share it with the staff. We have some teachers using the computer for emails, little else on one end of the spectrum and others who are becoming involved in podcasting. Perhaps this short little piece of information so well presented will move someone toward the high user end. Thank you for the linkage.

16. Maria Nina Scarpa said:

My Kindergarten students are using PowerPoint to do animations, similar to claymation. We watch a us video and then interpret it via our PPP animations. They love it. I would love to hear from someone who is doing the same.

17. Ruth E Manlandro said:

Steve,
    It was great!!!! I would like to show it at a faculty meeting for my teachers.

18. Sue Allen said:

Steve,
    Fantastic and timely video! I have shared it with our tech staff and administration. People are starting to question and think about their instructional practices. Thank you!!!