With the recent buzz surrounding Discovery Channel’s hit series Planet Earth, Science Channel’s Space Week
coming in May, and all STAR DEs getting access to Discovery Education Science Connection, we are very excited to announce the Discovery Educator Network Earth and Space Virtual Project.
Together STAR Discovery Educators will launch into an extraordinary collaborative learning experience. Over the course of the next six weeks, you and your students (of all ages) will have the opportunity to connect with classrooms from across the country and participate in a series of challenges known as DEN Missions.
The project is designed to be a fun, interactive and collaborative experience for you and your students. Visit the DEN Earth and Space Virtual Project site
today and register (click on "create a new account").
Once you register, you’ll be able
- Chat Live with other classrooms across the country
- Work with your students on DEN Missions (the first one involves Google Earth)
- Participate in online polls
- Attend special webinars
- Collaborate with other STARs using the Discussion Boards
- Enhance your project using resources from Discovery Education Science Connection
We hope you are as excited as we are about the project. From DEN Missions, to lively discussions, to special webinars, we are certain that this will be a great experience for you and your students.
For classes that participate in the project, we will be awarding special Discovery Earth and Space Class Packs.