ETC on Wednesday: Widgetizing the Builders

This Wednesday, we will be continuing our special Weekly Edition of EdTechConnect with a very special guest speaker… Me!  I’m really excited about this one.  While there are tons of ways to use unitedstreaming content in Web2.0 applications, I recently discovered how to bring Web2.0 content back into unitedstreaming!

I’ve had several people ask me what exactly the title of the presentation means, "Widgetizing the Builders".  Over on Digital Passports, I share all sorts of interesting new applications.  Many of them provide you with snippets of code that you can use to embed new content into your website or blog.  The video that I shared last week is a perfect example.  By using a snippet of code from TeacherTube, I could embed the video in my blog. There are hundreds of Web2.0 applications that create content that could be embedded into things.   The poll below is another example of a widget.

During the ETC on Wednesday at 5:00pm EST, I’ll be sharing some of the most cutting edge Web2.0 widgets that can be embedded into unitedstreaming’s Quiz Builder and Assignment Builder.  I guarantee, at the end of this presentation you’ll be saying to yourself, "I had no idea you could do that in unitedstreaming!"

Click here to enroll

SurveysTake Our Poll

1. Tim Childers said:

Steve, I’m in class on Wednesday nights until around 9PM. Any chance this webinar will be repeated? I’d love to catch it!

2. Heather Sullivan- NJ DEN LC said:

AWESOME- immediate results from a poll- I thought you had to buy some really expensive software (or be a super-coding-guru) to do that:)!

Can’t wait for some more Widgets on Wednesday (wait a second….since I’m a sucker for acronyms….WOW!)

Thanks-

3. Tonya Wilson said:

Steve, I will definitely take advantage of this webinar. I was a bit confused as well by the term widgetizing. I can’t wait to participate.

4. Teryl Magee, TN DEN LC Chair said:

Steve, can’t wait to learn more! The Builders are an awesome tool, can’t wait to see what you have in store for us on Wednesday!

5. Martha Thornburgh said:

I am hoping that your session will be archived. I will still be in class with my students at the time. Can’t wait to learn some new tricks. I am always playing with all of the new things you introduce us to. Thanks!

6. Heather Hurley - VA Blog Coord. said:

Hi Steve,

I will be conducting a workshop, please run it again. I think my teachers would love this. Thanks!

7. Patricia A. Hawkenson said:

Steve, I have already added a PollDaddy widget to my classweb pages. Today we are polling students on their savings habits to go along with our research unit on money! I expect there will be thousands of questions to poll my students on! Thanks for the lead to this fun widget!

8. Rita Truelov said:

Please advise when this event will be available I just missed the time by five minutes:(