It’s presenting season once again, so time to dust off those Bio’s, update your abstracts and get some new headshots taken (boy do I need some new headshots).
Ok ok, I know it’s not actually time for state conferences yet, but deadlines are quickly approaching, so if you’d like to present at a state conference this year, you gotta get your proposals in now! In fact, some of the biggies, like FETC for example, have deadlines at the end of this week!
Trust me when I say, if you’re a STAR Discovery Educator, you have knowledge that other people would love to see you share. Take a chance, stretch yourself and give it a try. If you’re already comfortable presenting, then why not expand your horizons? Apply to present at the state next door to you! Or if you’re in New England, apply to every conference within a 150 mile radius (which I think is about 15 states). If you don’t want to present alone, then post on the DEN Discussion Boards and try to find a partner to co-present with! You know your a Rock Star, now just go out there and show everyone else.
- Florida Educational Technology Coorporation, January 22-25, 2008. Deadline is July 13th.
- Northwest Council for Computer Education, Washington, February 26-28, 2008. Deadline is July 13.
- South Carolina EdTech 2007, October 24-26, 2007
- Arizona Technology in Education Alliance, November 3, 2007, January 28, 2008, and May 3, 2008. Call for proposals will open in July.
- Georgia Educational Technology Conference , November 14-16, 2007
- Massachusetts Computer Using Educators, November 14-17, 2007.
- North Carolina’s 18th Annual
Technology Conference, November 26-29, 2007. Deadline is September 1.
- Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference, New England, November 27-29, 2007. Deadline is passed, but form is still open and says proposals are due NOW.
- Tennessee Education Technology
Conference, November 28-November 30, 2007. Deadline is August 1st for labs and workshops, August 27th for general sessions.
- Louisiana Association of Computer Using Educator’s
Conference, November 30, 2007
- Virginia’s Educational Technology Leadership Conference, December 5-7, 2007. Deadline not posted, but likely to be early September.
- Indiana Computer Using Educators, January 23-25.
- eTech Ohio Educational Technology Conference, February 4-6, 2008. Deadline is September 26.
- Texas Computer Education Association Conference, February 4-8, 2008
- Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference, February 11-12, 2008. Deadline is August 17 for pre-conference workshops, and September 30 for concurrent sessions.
- Virginia Society for Technology in Education, February 24-26, 2008. Deadline is September 15 for workshops, and October 15 for general sessions.
- Illinois Technology Conference for Educators, February 26-February 29, 2008. Deadline is August 24th for Pre-conference, October 1st for breakouts.
- Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning, March 5-7, 2008. Deadline is not posted, but likely to be mid-September.
- Kentucky Teaching and Learning Conference, March 5-7, 2008. Deadline is October 31st.
- Wisconsin Technology Education Association, March 6-7, 2008. Deadline not posted, but likely to be end of November.
- California Computer Using Educators, March 6-8, 2008. Deadline is September 15 for concurrent sessions.
- Delaware Instructional Technology Conference, April 9-10, 2008
And of course the Big Kahuna in the EdTech world…
- National Educational Computer Conference, June 29-July 2, 2008. Call for proposals opens September 5 and closes October 3.
Did I miss any? If so, leave a comment with the info!