Where in the World is Jannita and David?

Okay… I feel like that game “Where in the World is Carmen..”  I have received hundreds of emails…. read all your posts…. and have been meaning to send out pics… but let me break it down for you….

Everyone knows I am a planner… so I “planned” on having a baby… staying at the hospital a few days… being wheeled out in a wheelchair with a newborn in my arms… lounging around in my brand new pjs… creating a website for David… posting pictures… sending out announcements… you know… everything you “normally” do… but of course you all know I am not “normal”

So here’s what happened…. at least the cliff note version… went into labor a week early… went against the normal “24 hour” labor with the first child and completed the “task” in less than 5… rather than the 7 lb baby the doctor said I was going to have… he arrived in the world at 5 lbs 4 oz… had a really hard start…. I didn’t care about counting fingers and toes (didn’t do that til several days later)… he ended up at Children’s Hospital Orange County (CHOC)… and we stayed there for 7 days while my little David faced his first giants and won!  A huge shout out to the incredible nurses in the NICU at CHOC who made a rather rough situation bearable.

Yes the rumors are true… I was in trouble several times with the hospital staff, both at St. Joseph’s where I delivered and CHOC where David stay… let’s just say I didn’t know I wasn’t suppose to get up and walk and hour after delivery…. and then a few hours later when I still hadn’t seen my baby I got up and walked to the nursery on my own.  At CHOC I was mostly in trouble for staying up around the clock and never going home to rest…. but for goodness sake my baby was in there… and I politely tried to explain that I worked for Discovery Education and all nighters for a week wasn’t a problem… that they should try one of our institutes!

So…. here we are a month later… it’s true… time flies…. I call him my little heavy weight champion… He’s up to 8 lbs now… he is starting to pack on the pounds… I can’t complain as he sleeps for 4 hour periods in the night time and even goes straight back to bed…. however the day time is a whole other story… he seems to think a nap is only 30 minutes and refuses to be left alone.  I have his cousin over here right now just so I can type this.

So here are the long awaited pictures from my new little Super STAR!  Click here for our Flickr account: http://tinyurl.com/5a8vck

He’s looking forward to his first DEN event in Northern CA at the ILC Conference!

Thanks again for your countless emails and phone calls!  It’s great to have such a great network of not only exemplary teachers but incredible friends!

Baby Kisses to All-  Jannita and David

1. Carol Anne McGuire said:

Our newest STAR!

We love you, little David! Keep fighting those giants! I have a feeling you’re going to have great stories to tell!

Hugs to you, Jannita & Laurian! You are going to be amazing parents! This little guy is one lucky little boy!

Carol Anne

2. Jenith Mishne said:

Congratulations Jannita! David is beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the pictures…
    -Jenith

3. Julia Mildrew said:

Yes, David is truly a STAR. I loved the pictures. It’s amazing how such a small little bundle can have such a big impact on your life. Your world is a little different these days… you now have a new universe that will keep you spinning!

Lots of love to you all.

Julie

4. Susan Plack said:

What a cutie! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy this special time. It goes by too fast.

5. Genevieve Kahlweiss said:

You both look great! Happy days ahead to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your David with us. He is a bright STAR and we are so proud to have him in the DEN! Enjoy this special time because it will go by too fast. David you have a “Superstar Mom”

6. Sawsan Knobel said:

It is great to hear from you and it is even greater that David is back on track with his health. Do not fight the relaxation idea you know you are going to need every minute of it.
    The best to you & Laurian.

7. Teryl Magee said:

Jannita~thanks for sharing the pics of David. He is beautiful, I can say that, can’t I? I have boys, so I’m thinking it is just fine…enjoy your time with him! It goes by way fast.

8. Susan Tompkins said:

What a treat to hear from you! All of the STAR DE’s knew you would be a fantastic mom, since you have “mommed” the DEN for a while! Enjoy your time with your new family. You totally deserve it!

9. Rosie Parmigiani said:

He is absolutely darling. Enjoy these times..he’ll grow quickly and be running around before you know it. God Bless!

Rosie

10. Debbie Bohanan said:

Thanks for sharing the photos and the good news. I am glad he is doing well. You are in for one wonderful ride so enjoy every minute of it.

11. Cathy houchin said:

Thanks so much for the update.I am truly happy for your family. Children are precious and a gift from God. Cherish these days as too soon they will be too big to rock and all grown up. Cathy

12. Pingback: The Year in E-View – DEN Blog Network