Last night at the 2DP auditorium DEN members were treated to a review and preview of changes to Discovery Education products by Smellslike Magic (Mike Bryant). Here is a brief list what all you missed.
- Siemens Agents of Change winners have been announced but this program is expanding and you can start right now getting ready for the next competition with great prizes. http://siemens.discoveryeducation.com/
- Discovery Student Adventures – Next year Discovery will begin offering student adventure trips to many cool places around the world. Right now or beginning soon you can follow along as the first 3 trips (Australia, South Africa, China) get underway. http://discoverystudentadventures.com/
- DE streaming is still constantly adding more great content. Partnerships with the BBC and Scholastic as well as many others keep great new resources coming.
- DE streaming Plus is adding more types of content including Skill Builders and games
- Flash videos have been added to streaming content in DE streaming. Although you can’t download the videos yet, downloading the flash content is something that is possible in the future.
- DE streaming will see some changes before school starts for most of us. Discovery Education was really looking at how to make teachers lives easier and the changes got a big thumbs up from those of us in the audience. For those of you that don’t like change remember – change is inevitable – growth is optional!
One of the most interesting revelations of the night was that Discovery Education is working on partnering with a couple of web sites that we were told we might already be using.
To keep up with everything that is happening keep an eye on the Discovery Education webinar schedule. although there is not much there they will be adding to the schedule so check back.
So what we want to know is what web 2.0 tool would get you excited if paired easily with DE streaming? Let us know by taking this poll