Dear Discovery Educators,
Are you in need of recertification points or graduate credits to renew your license or earn graduate credits to increase your salary? Are you finding it hard to fit a course in with your busy schedule? Then the North TIER Partnership courses are for you!
North TIER is a partnership between 12 school divisions in Northern Virginia, Germanna Community College, CRSTE (Capital Region Society for Technology in Education), MHz Networks, EdTech Leader Online and Colorado State University, committed to providing quality online courses. The partnership is committed to providing high-quality, technology infused courses to staff members. North TIER also works with CRSTE to provide virtual conferences and provide technology grants for the classroom. If you are connected to CRSTE, you will save $25 on the course, as well!
With the budget tight the opportunities to take courses for recertification has shrunk and become more and more expensive. North TIER continues to provide you the opportunity to take high-quality online professional development at a price that is simply unbeatable. The courses not only qualify you recertification hours or the optional graduate credit, but also allow you to practice using some web-based technologies and tools while focusing on the curriculum, not the tool. These courses take place entirely online, but are not a “course-in-a-can” approach. You have an instructor to help guide you through the course and help you when needed. Being entirely online allows you to participate any time and from wherever you wish. The courses are a great way to learn more about curriculum through a technology lens, strengthening you instructional knowledge and helping you prepare students for 21st century jobs. With topics on everything from student productivity to assessing technology in the classroom, there is something for everyone.
– Registration starts January 3rd
– Course are open to all K-14 educators, administrators, specialists from anywhere around the United States!
– Courses are entirely online and run from February 1st – March 21st, 2011
– Courses run for 6 weeks, plus an orientation week and are 30 hours of work. Graduate Credit is requires an additional graduate-level reflection paper.
– $125 per course (30 recertification hours) or $285 per course for 2 graduate credits from Colorado State University
– Courses are facilitated, but you do not need to be online at a set time each week. Work at your pace during the week from anywhere you have internet access!
– Registration is through a website called My Learning Plan (See the catalog for the link); courses are facilitated through the EDC Blackboard Site
– If you are interested in the graduate credit option, register for the course. During the first week of the course you will be sent information on how to register for graduate credit.
Download the attached catalog. It contains all the information you need to get started, including:
– When registration starts (January 3rd)
– How to register (http://tinyurl.com/yjpol6k)
– What to do if you do not have an account or had an account and forgot your password (Check out page 2 of the catalog)
– Course descriptions (There are 32 courses starting on page 4)
– Contacts for further information (Last page of the catalog)
These courses fill fast! North TIER has participants from all Virginia, as well as states in the surrounding capital region. If you are connected to CRTSE, you will save $25 on the course, as well!
For questions, please email Aron Sterling