Lesson Plans: I am in love with their cross curricular connections! Check these ones out:
- Physical Education: Go Fish Tag!
- Language Arts: Fishing Tales
- Math: Sizing Up A Fish
- Social Studies: Clean Water It’s the Law
- Science: Comparing Plant Growth
Need some additional inspiration on how to integrate some of these lessons and more into your classroom, take a look at our archived webinars:
- The Following is THEIR Safety Announcement: Learn how to integrate digital storytelling and PSA announcements
- The One That Got Away- Telling Your Fish Story: A student focused webinar about the different parts of a story and the ultimate fish story from famous fisherman Ben Parker
- Clean Up Your Act: Go green in your class by going paperless with Google Docs
- Jumping in the Digital Stream: Don’t just dip your toe… jump in and learn more about all the resources Explore the Blue has to offer
**The award winning Take Me Fishing™ campaign and Discovery Education launched Explore the Blue, a comprehensive resource empowering K-5 teachers and parents to engage students in a dialogue about the importance of outdoor recreational activities, such as boating and fishing, and the value of clean and healthy natural resources. With a variety of resources for Educators, Families, and Students, Explore the Blue has something for everyone.