Read to Succeed Update!

There have been quite a few questions coming our way regarding the Six Flags Read to Succeed Program and we’d like to take the time address a few of these inquiries and highlight important dates.

Registration for this year’s program ended on March 1st. Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting new registrations at this point in time. If you had missed the registration period, you may have a registered teacher or the coordinator submit the the student reading logs on your behalf.

If you have registered already, you may submit student reading hours up until 5 pm EST on March 8, 2012. In order to mail tickets by May 1, 2012, we regret that we will not be able to make any exceptions to this deadline.

The deadline for reading logs to be sent to Six Flags is still March 9, 2o12. All reading log entries must be postmarked by March 9th in order to be considered.

As always, any Read to Succeed inquiries can be sent to readtosucceed@discovery.com. The Read to Succeed support team is currently only answering inquiries via email.

Again, thanks for your participation and we hope that this clears up any confusion!

1. teri barbeau said:

Yes. I am a 2nd grade teacher who is new to the site this year, and to the program \Read to Succeed\. I received a reading log from a student but unfortunately, I did not register the student- i thought I just needed to turn the log into our site coordinator. Because of this unfortunate mistake, my student will not be receiving a ticket to Six Flaggs. I am so disappointed and discouraged. What will I tell my student and his parent? This scenario is so upsetting, I tell my colleagues about this, and not support the program. I am not a happy camper!

2. himas lendar said:

Six Flags Read To Succeed program has changed for this year. Homeschool families within a radius of 250 miles of a Six Flags park can sign up to participate this year.

3. Johnny said:

Hi Teri,

You may still submit your student’s reading logs online if you yourself are registered in the program. For more details, please contact our Read to Succeed support e-mail at readtosucceed@discovery.com

Johnny

4. Jennifer Ward said:

I registered, according to my school’s coordinator, before the deadline, however, I didn’t send the reading logs in, because I didn’t receive, or the e-mail (with the address) was deleted from the Group Messages that had the e-mail.

5. Angi said:

I know you guys are super busy, but I can’t find any contact information on the Read to Succeed website. We homeschool and have not yet received our email with the tickets. I sent my students logs on March 9th registered mail. Can you please let me know what I need to do? Thanks!

6. Randi said:

What do you do if you haven’t received your tickets yet but your account shows that there should have been tickets sent to you?