How are you using Discovery Education Science TECHBOOK with your students? We want to know. More importantly, your colleagues want to know! Share your awesomeness with us by submitting a lesson presentation, and we’ll say thanks by sending you a stylish Discovery Education Science TECHBOOK lab coat.
Here’s the Challenge
Create a lesson plan presentation that is engaging and ready to use in the classroom to receive a Discovery Education Science TECHBOOK lab coat. Presentations must be submitted through Mediashare between October 8, 2012 and February 28, 2013. Click here for submission instructions.
Lesson Presentation Options
- Representation of an existing Discovery Education Science TECHBOOK Model Lesson
- Adaptation of existing Discovery Education Science TECHBOOK Model Lesson to support specific students (e.g., special needs, ELL, academically gifted students, struggling readers, etc.)
- Original lesson using Discovery Education Science TECHBOOK resources
You may use Microsoft PowerPoint or Keynote for your presentation.
We would like your presentation to be a minimum of 10 slides. There is no maximum length.
- A title slide that includes concept and grade level(s)
- A slide with the lesson objectives
- A slide with essential questions
- At least one slide (activity) for each component of a typical 5E lesson (Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, Evaluate)
- At least THREE uses of digital resources from the Discovery Education Science Techbook
- Information in the notes section that describes the intention of each slide (what the teacher and the students are doing)
- Several opportunities for the students to be engaged with the content. Examples include notebook/journal entries, hands-on activities, group discussions, prompts for logging in to DE to do individual work, project work
- At least one slide that includes some form of checking for understanding
Remember that the Discovery Education Science TECHBOOK Model Lessons represent several days learning, your lesson presentation should as well. Click here to see an example presentation. Not sure how to build a lesson presentation? Attend a Lesson Building webinar!
Our next Lesson Building webinar is on October 17 at 7 PM ET. Join us!
Register at links.discoveryeducation.com/sciencetechbook