The tenth entry in DEN March Madness comes from DEN STAR Tracy Carpenter. Tracy brings our attention to Prezi. Prezi is a great presentation tool that allows the integration of many kinds of multimedia, including images and video from Discovery Education. Tracy nominated Prezi for a variety of reasons:
– Web-based, ease of access to presentations
– Prezi makes my students approach their presentations with a different mindset
– Prezi challenges students to design how they will present content
– The collaborate/share feature perfect for group projects
-Users can different permission levels for each/individual presentations
– Zooming adds a visual element missing from other presentation applications. It also helps to focus audience attention on key details.
Interested in taking a look at a student example of Prezi in action? Here’s a link to a project one of Tracy’s students completed. The goal of the assignment was for students to explore their life goals – short term and long term – and discover what drives them, where their passion lies.
Stay tuned to the DEN Blogs as we continue to share the entries for this year’s DEN March Madness. If you have a favorite tool to use with Discovery Education content, let us know. What are some of the tools you use with Discovery Education content? What do you use to create, share, teach, curate, mashup, and learn with?