For all of you who have been waiting for the big announcement from DEN Reads, here it is! We are going live with a DEN Book Club event with an excellent professional read with far reaching applications, from the home to the classroom to the school building to the district level. Fish! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results by Stephen Lundin, Harry Paul, and John Christensen is a quick read, engaging, and immediately applicable in the teaching and learning environment. I don’t want to give too much away, but I think you will love this book choice!
So, how will this work?
In order to make the DEN Book Club experience beneficial and low-stress for everyone, we are going to take a multi-step approach.
- Join when you can and how fits your needs. The goal is to have fun learning and find new ways to apply our professional learning to our own teaching and learning contexts!
- We are going to use a combination of Google Hangouts, Twitter Chats, and DEN Blog conversations to work our way through the potential for impact that Fish! holds.
- The formal conversations will start the week of September 23, which gives everyone a month to grab the book and start it.
- Over the next four weeks, we will schedule multiple opportunities to interact with others who have chosen to participate!
- Again, do what you can, when you can!
How do I get started?
All you need to do to get started is to grab a copy of Fish! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results by Stephen Lundin, Harry Paul, and John Christensen. Check it out from your library, download it from your favorite site, or grab it from your preferred bookseller. I grabbed my new copy for just $1.00 at a used book seller online! Stay tuned for more updates on final plans for participating, but enjoy going fishing!