This is a quick reminder to tune-in tomorrow at 9:00am for a one-of-a-kind Virtual Field Trip to celebrate Martin Luther King’s legacy and to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Dr. King’s historic march on Washington. This event is intended for high school classrooms.
“50 Years of Struggle: Youth Driving Economics, Education, and Social Change” will bring together civil rights activists and leaders to discuss some of the critical issues facing our country today.
Secretary Arne Duncan will kick off the morning, followed by a conversation with the esteemed panel below:
- Ambassador Andrew Young, Civil Rights Activist
- Chancellor Kaya Henderson, DC Public Schools
- Carolyn McKinstry, Survivor, 16th Street Baptist Church bombing
- Dr. Anglea Farris Watkins, Civil Rights Activist
- William Leventhal, Civil Rights Author