I hope you enjoy the first September post in this DENtastic blog series. Take a look below at great people and content from the DEN Community. If you’re not familiar with Chad’s Choices from the Community, it is designed to highlight the DEN Community in a variety of ways. You’ll find a few blog posts and resources that were shared by a DEN member on Twitter. Keep in mind, while others may have also shared the same post/article, I saw it posted by the person I’m noting below. Forgive me if I’m not giving credit to the person who first posted it. In addition, you’ll find a few blogs by DEN members and members from community to follow on Twitter. Some of the people listed are veteran DEN members while others are new to the community. Lastly, I’d like to share a DEN Person of Interest.
Articles from the Community
- Texas STAR Mark Dunk shared information about LearnBig.com, a site that lets users search for educational content online.
- Pennsylvania STAR Lori Sheldon shared What an iPad is and what it isn’t.
- Virginia STAR Paula White shared Is Learning Real?
- Texas STAR Todd Nesloney shared Why the internet is like a mall.
Blogs/Wikis from the Community
- Florida LC Member Carlos Fernandez has a great resources website, Fishing for EdTech.
- Georgia DEN Guru Kati Searcy has a great site with resources that includes a space for her blog.
- Missouri STAR Bill Bass has great resources on his blog.
People from the Community to Follow
Person of Interest
Cheryl Lykowski is this week’s DEN Person of Interest. Cheryl, from Michigan, is a DEN Guru and has shared her knowledge with the DEN community in a variety of ways. She’s been a fixture on the DEN LC for several years and has presented to others at several virtual and in-person DEN events. Later this month, you’ll have a chance to go inside Cheryl’s classroom. She’ll be featured in Discovery Education’s 5 Voices, 1 Community event. It’s rare that you get a peek inside the classroom of a DEN Guru, but this is your chance!
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.