We are pleased to announce that the Discovery Education Student Advisory Board is now taking applications for the 2013-2014 school year. All high school students with active Discovery Education accounts are invited to apply.
The Discovery Education Student Advisory Board is a group of students in grades 9-12 from across North America engaged with digital media and technology and dedicated to ensuring the inclusion of student input in Discovery Education services.
The 2013-2014 advisory board will continue the work of the previous two boards: providing user experience feedback and input, assisting in the development and execution of social media at Discovery, and networking with other students virtually and in-person to encourage academic collaboration.
Benefits to Students
- Leadership development
- Career and college readiness opportunities
- Community building around common interests in digital media
- Discovery Education Student Network Welcome Packet
Benefits to You
- Increased student leadership opportunities
- Increased student engagement
- Opportunity to participate in DE student and educator networks
- Recognition for leadership in providing students with authentic 21st century career skill development
We invite you to publicize the application window and encourage all your interested students to apply. Completed applications materials are due October 25, 2013. Please note that the application requires a teacher/faculty sponsor and recommendation letter. Student board members will be selected by committee and notified by October 31, 2013.