Connect with DEN through Chad’s Choices from the Community, a blog series designed to highlight the DEN Community in a variety of ways. You’ll find a few blog posts and resources that were shared by a DEN member on Twitter. Keep in mind, while others may have also shared the same post/article, I saw it posted by the person I’m noting below. Forgive me if I’m not giving credit to the person who first posted it. In addition, you’ll find a few blogs by DEN members and members from community to follow on Twitter. Some of the people listed are veteran DEN members while others are new to the community. Lastly, I’d like to share a DEN Person of Interest.
Articles from the Community
- Texas STAR Dorie Glynn shared How to Work With Parents to Create Better Learning Environments.
- Michigan STAR John Phillips shared this Quick List of Apps for Learners and Curators.
- Illinois STAR Carol Broos shared Education 1.0 vs. Education 2.0 vs. Education 3.0.
- Texas STAR Joseph Ayers shared Designing 21st Century Learning Environments.
Favorite Tweet from the Community
My day just keeps getting better. THANK YOU @DiscoveryEd Board Builder for Teachers YAY!!!!! 😀
— Kristy Vincent (@BigPurpleHat) November 12, 2013
Blogs/Wikis/Class sites from the Community
- North Carolina STAR Gretchen Ross has an excellent class website for her 5th grade students.
- Michigan STAR Patti Harju shares what her students are doing on her blog.
People from the Community to Follow
Person of Interest This week’s DEN Person of Interest is Francie Snyder. Francie is a STAR and Leadership Council member from Florida. Francie shared her knowledge with the community at the DEN Summer Institute in Vermont this past summer. She’s the driving force behind the last DENapalooza tour stop of the year this Saturday, in Bradenton, Florida.
Interested in being featured in this blog series? Do you have something to share for the good of the DEN? If so, fill out this form.