What does ‘digital learning’ look like?

One of the best parts of my job at Discovery is reviewing all the things people send to @DiscoveryEd on Twitter.  You find people sharing pics from their latest training, using the Techbook, conference presentations, and much more.  But my favorite tweets by far are the ones that have pictures of students learning with Discovery!  I took a few of my favorites from the 2014-2015 school year so far and put them into a slide show.

One thing you’ll notice is that it isn’t just students staring at screens.  They’re working together, they’re talking (even arguing) about the things they’re learning, they’re out of their seats and getting active, and most of all they’re having fun!  Just because the textbook goes digital, doesn’t mean the the students will be tied to a device.  Quite the contrary, most Discovery educators have found that without the textbook weighing them down, they can truly unshackle the learning!

Learning with Discovery! by Slidely Slideshow

1. Edie Erickson said:

The Techbook is the best of both worlds! It provides a familiar structure, but allows for more interaction with the material and each other! My students love using it and so do I! It makes planning so much easier and I love having everything I need online and accessible everywhere! No hauling home huge teacher’s manuals!

2. Cheryl Woolwine said:

My students LOVE Discovery Education in any and every form!!

3. Dana johnston said:

My students absolutely love DE and can not get enough of techbookl.

4. Jan Abernethy said:

Virtual labs are the perfect example of kids working together collaboratively and excitedly using the science tech books.

5. Kate Smith said:

My students love DE, especially when they get to guide their own learning by using it as a research and presentation tool.

6. Deb Thonus said:

It’s all about the analysis and discussion of the media content that makes the use of multi media and digital textbooks so effective.

7. Rachel Yurk said:

It is the active learning that makes the difference!

8. John Hammond said:

Active learning is a great method to perform information. I really recommend you to pay special attention for graphic animation. It can be effiient in performing data and information to the users, customer, students and even for everyone who are better understand information through video. Here is a good example of graphic animation https://promovideolab.com/types-of-videos/