Everyone’s talking about the digital transition. We are all working toward it, but what are principals looking for when they walk through an educator’s room?
We asked 5 Discovery Education principals:
- What does it look like, feel like and sound like when you walk into a classroom where technology is effectively integrated into teaching and learning?
- How do you model the way with technology integration with your educators and students?
- How do you empower your staff to share their experience with technology integration?
Led by Carol Wetzel our principal panelists
- Troy Hughes, Albuquerque Public Schools
- Marcey Sorensen, Chicago Public Schools
- Kathy Martin, Orange Unified School District
- Marcie Wilson, Hendersen County Public Schools
- Lindsay Morhart, Sacred Heart School
shared strategies, ideas, and resources they are using to support their teachers. One theme that was found throughout was that of walking the walk and talking the talk. Lindsay shared the quote “Great leaders don’t tell you what to do. They show you how it’s done!” This group of principals epitomize this definition. They inspired me, each other, and everyone watching.
If you missed the event, you don’t have to miss out. We’ve archived it and are sharing it below. Watch and learn about “Bob”, the importance of nets, the effectiveness of being the lead learner, the power of teacher leadership programs, and how to connect with other principals.
Interested in being part of our principal community. Let us know here.
Can’t access YouTube? Watch it from our Box Folder.