In this installment of One Idea With: Discovery Education Senior Vice President Scott Kinney interviews Cheryl Scott Williams, Executive Director of the Learning First Alliance.
The Learning First Alliance (LFA) is a partnership of leading education organizations representing more than 10 million members dedicated to improving student learning in America’s public schools. LFA share’s examples of success, encourages collaboration at every level, and works toward the continual and long-term improvement of public education based on solid research. Members include:
- AASA: The School Superintendents Association
- American Federation of Teachers
- International Society for Technology in Education
- Learning Forward
- National Association of Elementary School Principals
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- National Education Association
- National PTA
- National School Boards Association
Williams’ One Idea focuses on her organization’s Get it Right Campaign, which spotlights communities that are working hard to get Common Core implementation right. Watch the video below to learn more, then visit www.learningfirst.org for additional details.