PHOTO CREDIT: TERRY GROSS
Did you know that sharks don’t get cavities? It’s true!
It’s Shark Week, the perfect time to highlight some fun facts about sharks!
- Shark teeth are actually coated in flouride.
- Some species of shark have a pecking order, and eat from smallest to largest.
- Sharks can track their prey by its heartbeat.
- Sharks don’t chew, but rather swallow food whole.
- More than 80% of people who are bitten by sharks survive.
- Whale sharks don’t reproduce until they’re 30.
- A whale shark’s skin is three and a half inches thick.
- Thresher sharks can slap their prey with their long tails.
Want to learn more about sharks? Check out our Sharks Content Collection on Discovery Education Streaming!