The are few historical figures more interesting and amusing than Albert Einstein, so it’s probably not surprising that there are a number of fun and amazing facts about the legendary scientist!
- When he was a small boy, his father let him play with a compass, which fascinated Einstein, and sparked his interest in science.
- He never learned to drive, but was photographed riding a bicycle.
- Einstein patented his own version of the refrigerator, but it was unsuccessful in comparison to Freon based fridges.
- He didn’t like to wear socks.
- Einstein didn’t start talking until age 3.
- He held over 20 patents.
- Einstein liked to sail, but wasn’t very good at it, and named his boat Tinnef (which means “junk”).
- He didn’t know how to swim.
- When he was asked to be the second President of Israel, Einstein declined, reportedly citing that he wasn’t good with people.
As you can see, Albert Einstein wasn’t only a groundbreaking scientist, but a fascinating person as well!