Working on your weekly lesson plans? This Lively Lesson provides timely Discovery Education content and lesson plan ideas.
In honor of Red Ribbon Week, we’ll be celebrating the furriest members of the police force that help keep our communities a safe place to learn, play, and live.
Join Discovery Education for an exclusive Red Ribbon Week virtual field trip as we go behind the scenes to learn how police canines are selected, trained, and patrol the streets. The Santa Ana Police Department dogs will demonstrate their intellect, agility, and obedience through a variety of exercises at their training academy.
Did You Know?
In 1988, National Family Partnership sponsored the first National Red Ribbon Celebration. Today, the Red Ribbon serves as a catalyst to mobilize communities to educate youth and encourage participation in drug prevention activities.
- Identify the skills and abilities developed in training canines for various jobs, and
- Apply what they’ve learned to design an agility course that approximates real-word obstacles.
Your students will also be able to:
- Craft a skills-based job description or cover letter and resume,
- Practice illustrated note-taking skills,
- Develop evidence-based thinking, writing, and speaking.
Explore the Drug and Alcohol Awareness Content Collection for resources on empowering students to make wise choices and refuse drugs and alcohol.