Community STEM is tasting pretty good this week or at least it will be once you participate in this challenge. We are encouraging you to create a new food item for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack time. You will need to research food chemistry, develop the recipe for a new food, design the packaging, and plan a meal. You will meet Pam Inabinett, a DEN Star, from Charleston, SC who will be introducing this week’s lab.
Super Challenge: How much would it cost to make this new food item? Could this new food item be useful in a third world country? If so, how could you get it there?
Discovery Education Digital Media:
- Chemistry of Food
- Kitchen Stories
- Investigating Change
- What Makes a Meringue?
- Siemens STEM Academy Future Food Webinar
Virtual Field Trips:
- Alton Brown Virtual Field Trip- April 15th 9:30 am EST
- Creighton Brothers Farms
- Live From the Farm: Technology and Soil Science
- Inspiring Entrepreneurs of Tomorrow
- Grocery Store Manager
- Health Inspector
- Food Scientist
- Food Test Manager
- Truck Driver
- Food Photojournalist
- What’s So Yummy?: All About Eating Well and Feeling Good by Robie H. Harris
- Pancakes for Breakfast by Tomie DePaola
- In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Social Share Out: