The Discovery Education Leadership Council members are the most active contributors to the Discovery Education Community. Leadership Council (LC) members play an instrumental role in shaping Discovery Education and the Discovery Education Community.
Your Discovery Education Community is driven by the expertise, enthusiasm, and passion of its members and LC members serve and lead in any number of ways based on their own passions for sharing. The Discovery Education team is pleased to be able to provide additional supports for members of the LC.
We asked LC members to share their thoughts on being active in the community, here’s what they shared.
Wondering what participation in the Leadership Council looks like? Here are just a few examples of the ways LC members are active in the Discovery Education Community. We have some exciting updates for this year’s LC and will be sharing them with the group at the October kickoff virtual meeting.
* Create new and timely supports for educators
* Provide input and feedback about Discovery Education’s products and services
* Host local and regional professional learning and sharing events like the Day of Discovery Tour or VirtCon viewing parties
* Contribute to online conversations via social media and DE blog
* Develop instructional content that is shared widely
Being part of the LC is a commitment, but it also comes with many rewards. Through their contributions to the community at-large and/or local community, the Discovery Education Leadership Council:
* Plays an instrumental role in shaping the Community
* Increases networking and leadership opportunities
* Gains access to additional supports from Discovery Education
* Receives formal recognition and sincere thanks
* Builds deeper relationships with other passionate educators
Participation in the LC is voluntary and open to any STAR Discovery Educator with an active subscription to Discovery Education through their school/district. To participate, fill out the enrollment form and look for more updates in the coming weeks!
Ready to take the lead?
Enroll in the Discovery Education Leadership Council, today!
Enrollment is open through September 30, 2016