UPDATED: We have now opened up consideration for facilitators to retired Discovery Educators. Those individuals have the necessary background and now have a way to remain active in a community that they helped build.
Wanted: DEN Online Community Facilitators
We are looking for community members to serve as DEN Online Community Facilitators.
Facilitators must be current Discovery Education customers, active users of Discovery Education Techbook, and must believe strongly in the power of connecting educators to their most valuable resource: each other.
Currently, we are seeking DEN Online Community Facilitators to support our Discovery Education Techbook-specific discussion groups – we will select seven facilitators, one each for:
- Math Middle School
- Math High School
- Science Elementary School
- Science Middle School
- Science High School
- Social Studies Middle School
- Social Studies High School
The responsibilities of a DEN Online Community Facilitator include:
- Schedule and post a discussion question at least once every two weeks
- Help organize the group resource library
- Meet monthly online with the Online Community Manager and other facilitators
The benefits of being a DEN Online Community Facilitator include:
- Formal social recognition
- The opportunity to take an active leadership role within the community
- Invitations to participate in formal community facilitation workshops (the first workshop will be prior to the DEN Summer Institute in San Diego, CA)
- Developing leadership skills in online facilitation (a great addition to your resumé)
- Eternal admiration and appreciation from the Discovery Education Community
Please complete this form by 4 PM (EDT) Friday, April 16, 2017, to share your interest in becoming a DEN Online Community Facilitator.