Arriving just in time for back-to-school, a series of powerful new enhancements are set to launch on Discovery Education services.
Starting August 18, Discovery Education users will be able to experience new features designed to facilitate collaboration, creativity, and student engagement, while saving teachers time.
A Fresh New Look and Feel
The most obvious update is a new, streamlined design across Discovery Education services. We’ve incorporated the latest research into digital learning, adding new elements in Streaming and Techbook services that enhance usability, minimize distractions, and allow students to focus on what’s important. The new student experience also includes quick access to available services and improved search functionality.
- Intuitive app-like interface that makes learning interesting
- Assignments available on the go on any device with the new responsive design
- Quick course access through ‘My Resources’
Search Made Easy
The most highly used filters in Advanced Search have been relocated directly into the General Search for quick and easy access.
Assess Progress with Real-time Student Data
Assessment Builder is a versatile tool that offers an extensive collection of Technology Enhanced Items (TEIs) and formative assessments that are embedded in digital text to help you uncover what students already know. Student responses feed directly into the teacher dashboard, providing instant access to data around student knowledge.
Educators can use Assessment Builder to create assessment questions, randomize questions during testing, and allow students to save and finish their assessment work across multiple sessions.
- Quiz Builder (formerly available in Streaming) and Assessment Manager (formerly available in Science and Social Studies Techbook, Science Supplemental) have been replaced by the new, more powerful Assessment Builder.
- Existing Quizzes and Assessments (found in My Content) can be assigned and reported on (Results by Class/Student), but not edited.
- Most Assessment Manager question bank questions ported to Assignment Builder Bank.
- Assignment Manager and Writing Prompt Builder will stay exactly the same.
Explore More Resources to Help You Grow
The Professional Learning Center (PLC) provides easy access to thousands of professional resources, such as instructional strategies, self-paced modules, and step-by-step guides. These practical and effective resources are created by Discovery Education’s digital content experts as well as teachers like you. You can access the PLC anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Leverage the Power of the DEN Online Community
Your colleagues are talking. Join the conversation. Rich conversations are happening in the all new DEN Online Community, conveniently accessible through the navigation bar in Discovery Education. Collaborate with educators interested in similar things, share your strategies, ask questions, and find answers. You can also earn badges for your Discovery Education activity.
Learn more about the upcoming enhancements, including specific updates for each service, on our website.