Are you ready?! We’ve been working hard to bring you a whole new experience for back-to-school season and beyond.
Discovery Education has long been known for its expansive treasury of high-quality content and instructional resources that span all grades, subjects, and critical topics of today. Now, we’re building on that reputation and evolving to bring you so much more inside one daily learning platform.
Just in time for the 2021-22 school year, we’ve added a host of new, time-saving features and resources to our K-12 learning platform to better support teaching, creating, and professional growth for our educators. As of July 12, you can find enhancements like:
Our new Video Player not only matches the platform’s lighter, redesigned look and feel, but it also makes it easy for teachers to incorporate rich media into the learning experiences they design and deliver every day. From the new Video Player page, you can:
- Build interactive video quizzes or slideshow activities in a few simple steps.
- Assign videos directly to students and add context and instructions.
- Reach all learners with embedded language and accessibility supports.
- Find supporting resources and content like images, interactives, reading passages, and podcasts.
Hundreds of ready-to-use activities fuse our high-quality content with the best of our SOS Instructional Strategies to give you that magic formula for constructive, engaging lessons. Use these activities for quick, turnkey assignments or customize them in Studio to fit the needs of your students and your classroom.
Get to know all of these exciting new features by logging in and taking our What’s New with DE? interactive course!
Studio serves as an educator’s creative outlet to design new activities and present them in engaging ways. With Studio, educators can:
- Jumpstart lesson planning with new Activity Templates based on our research-based SOS Instructional Strategies.
- Give students the opportunity to share their knowledge in creative ways that build on their unique strengths.
- Collaborate with students in real time within a safe and secure environment, no matter where learning is taking place.
Our new Quiz provides multiple ways for teachers to promote active learning in the classroom and track student progress in real time. Various Quiz types include:
- Ask Live Quiz mode, helping you spark classroom discussions by asking students questions live in class or through virtual meeting formats.
- Standard Quiz mode, offering a variety of question formats to help check for understanding, from polling to open-ended and multiple choice.
- Video Quiz mode, combining our amazing content with embedded questions in the video to create engaging, interactive experiences.
Tighter integrations with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other EdTech tools like Google and Microsoft Teams make it much easier to quickly search and share content directly with students. We’ve also improved access in and out of the classroom with seamless SSO integration, QR codes for student login, and a new “search by school” feature.
Together, these new features and enhancements support you with endless ways to create interactive learning experiences that spark curiosity, make classroom activities lively and engaging, and help every student achieve their “light bulb” moment.
Keep coming back to the DE blog this August as we dive deeper into these new features and how they work for you. You can also follow us on Facebook and @DiscoveryEd for even more helpful tips and resources for the new school year.