Turn your calendar to February and find new engaging resources from Discovery Education! With DE resources, you can plan February fun where your students can explore STEM innovations, important moments in history, and career options to prepare them for the future!
Pop of Professional Learning
Thinking of trying something new in your classroom, but you aren’t sure where to start? Stacie Trebes, a teacher from Sahuarita Unified School District, shared her experience moving from traditional textbooks to Discovery Education’s Science Techbook. Check out Stacie’s story to hear her advice about trying something new in your classroom!
This February, Discovery Education has new resources to help students explore reading topics, robotics, and important moments in history!
“It’s Time to Prioritize Financial Literacy in K-12“, a new white paper published by Discover Financial Services and Discovery Education, provides the latest research and landscape of financial literacy in the United States. Insights address student, educator, and family perceptions of the topic, the impact of financial literacy education, and more.
On February 15 at 1PM ET, take a trip overseas with 3-time Olympian, 21-time World Champion, and 10-time Olympic medal-winning swimmer Katie Ledecky as she visits a future-forward region of Japan where sustainable science is being used to transform everyday life for the better. Students will explore ways that exciting innovations in robotics, smart mobility solutions, and renewable energy are being used by STEM experts at Panasonic to help make sustainable smart towns a reality.
The 3M Young Scientist Challenge is open! This challenge invites middle school students to submit a 1-2 minute video explaining their unique solution to an existing problem for the chance to win an exclusive 3M mentorship and $25,000. Invite your students to join the challenge with helpful resources including entry topics, challenge rules, important dates, and more!
DE has resources to help keep your classroom up-to-date with February’s timely moments!
- Honor Black History Month with resources, videos, and lessons that explore the many remarkable people, events, and accomplishments that have helped shaped our nation and changed our lives forever.
- Pump up your lesson for February’s American Heart Month with Discovery Education’s NFL PLAY 60 Channel, CVS Dose of Knowledge, and Operation Prevention from the DEA!
- February 7 is World Read Aloud Day! Revamp your students’ reading habits with resources from Vooks, Dollar General’s Discover Literacy, and more!
- The Super Bowl is held on February 11 this year—look behind the scenes at the big game with exciting data analysis activities created through Discovery Education’s partnership with The Nielsen Foundation!
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day on February 14 with resources you’ll love in the Valentine’s Day Channel!
- Learn more about the history of Presidents’ Day (February 19) with the Presidents’ Day Channel and take a deep dive in democracy with Civics Connected!
- International Polar Bear Day is on February 27, and you can bring the arctic to your classroom with the recently released Arctic Adventures: Polar Bears at Play Virtual Field Trip with Polar Bears International and Lego!
Make magic this February with lessons that help your students explore different careers. With career profiles, videos highlighting the experience of job searching, and Virtual Field Trips highlighting exciting careers, you can celebrate February’s Career & Technical Education Month with engaging, career-focused content! National Engineers Week runs from February 18 through the 24, and you never know, your career exploration lessons could inspire the next generation of engineers!
Discovery Education can help you plan a fabulous February with new ideas, resources, and lessons—all in one place!