With new Discovery Education resources and events, your students can look back to honor the past and prepare for their futures. Read on to find something new for your November lessons!
Pop of Professional Learning
Think STEM is still just for science and math courses? Think outside the box and expand your STEM conversations to include teachers of all content areas to create engaging STEM-focused lessons for all students! New on the DE blog, DEN STAR Karen Clark shares her advice for holding cross-curricular lesson planning sessions.
The world around us is constantly changing. Everything you see today is affected by something that happened in the past—so to build the future, we Need to Know our history. Check out the new Need to Know Channel, where each episode is paired with curated ready-to-use lessons and PDF activities that align with the topics, featuring additional historical context and primary source resources!
Need an idea for a lesson that celebrates an upcoming November holiday? Discovery Education’s got you covered!
- Native American Heritage Month starts November 1 and is an opportune time to educate and learn about the original American inhabitants from past to present.
- Inspire students to explore science, technology, engineering, and math concepts on November 8 for National STEM Day! Discovery Education has a wealth of resources to help you create the next generation of STEM superstars.
- Veteran’s Day on November 11 is a chance to reflect how war has shaped the United States and honor those who have fought for freedom. In Canada, November 11 marks Remembrance Day, which honors the memory of fallen soldiers.
- Check out K-12 resources about gratitude and traditions to give thanks on November 23 for Thanksgiving!
- November 21-27, celebrate Canada History Week by exploring Canada’s role in world history.
November marks the start of Native American Heritage Month, and honoring students’ heritages and cultures can create magic in your classroom all year long. Jillian Hernandez worked alongside the DE team to help create the Native Stories of the Southwest Channel and shared her experience curating and using these resources on the DE blog. Make magic in your classroom this November by honoring Native American stories and bringing new perspectives to your classroom!
Discovery Education is here with everything you need for engaging November lessons, from timely holiday resources to new Virtual Field Trips!